In 2018, the French High-commissioner for atomic energy, I2EN Chairman, chaired the third IAEA International Conference on Human Resource Development fr Nuclear Power Programmes
‘I2EN represents and coordinates the French offer in nuclear Human Capacity Building (HCB) abroad in order to make today’s newcomers the nuclear countries of tomorrow.’
France has been sharing its knowledge and know-how in nuclear HCB with fellow countries for decades. Sharing this expertise has contributed to making some then newcomer countries the major nuclear players they are today.
Here’s a short overview of our track-record:
- Taishan EPR
- 166 training courses on nuclear islands’ EPR technology. 1,284 Chinese engineers trained in Europe and China
- Contract signed with CNPE (CNNC Group): training of 40 top executives in project management
- Shadow training of about 70 operators, shift managers and safety engineers
- Secondment of EDF instructors
- Installation of the TNPJVC training simulator
- Daya Bay and Ling Ao Nuclear Power Plants
- Initial training in France of 170 engineers, followed by on-the -job training and coaching in China during the first years of operation
- Support for the implementation of a local maintenance training center with training advisors
- Training of fuel handling operators, followed by the support for the development of a local fuel handling training center
- Post-accident operations training of over 50 operators and managers using the State-Oriented Approach
- Installation of the CGNPC training simulator
- Academic cooperation
- In 2010, France and China set up the French Chinese Institute of Nuclear Engineering and Technology (IFCEN) in Zhuhai, China, at Sun Yat-Sen University to train future nuclear engineers. At the end of 6 ½ years of training, graduates are awarded both Chinese and French Master’s degrees in Nuclear Engineering.
- Installation of training simulators in six State Universities (SWU, NUAA, NJIT, HIT, NEDU, TT)
- Koeberg Nuclear Power Plant
- Training of AREVA local supply chain partners
- Master’s degree in project management and tailored-made training for 40 high-potential future project leaders
- Initial training of engineers for start-up and commissioning
- Full training, including shadow training of 100 engineers and technicians
- Study tour for a South African delegation from the National Empowerment Fund.
Today, I2EN proposes to follow in these footsteps and make sure France keeps on providing newcomer and expanding countries with the best France has to offer in nuclear workforce development. We represent and coordinate the French offer in nuclear HCB abroad in order to make today’s newcomers the nuclear countries of tomorrow. The Institute:
- Proposes the best workforce development solutions tailored to the needs of partner countries in all areas of HCB: human resource development, education & training, knowledge management, and knowledge networks;
- Shares best practices in HCB so as to contribute to the safe and sustainable implementation of nuclear power programs;
- Ensure France’s capacity to welcome international students and professionals in French academic institutions, nuclear corporations & research organizations.
Click here for more information about our services.