Serving nuclear industry, R&D, and academia worldwide since 2011.
In the past 8 years, I2EN—together with its Partners & Associate Members—has developed a wide range of services for all those who wish to develop nuclear skills. These services, most specifically targeted at newcomer & expanding countries, include off-the-shelf as well as tailor-made solutions.
I2EN AT THE SERVICE OF DECISION-MAKERS
What are the options for upskilling or training a nuclear workforce?
The International Institute of Nuclear Energy (I2EN) is responsible for bilateral relations in the field of nuclear human capacity building, and education & training between France and other countries, international organizations, and academic institutions.
It was set up to help newcomer and expanding countries with the design and development of their human resources roadmap and capacity building. I2EN and its partners collaborate with the IAEA on the development of generic human capacity building and human resources development programs.
The I2EN is the gateway to France’s nuclear education and training. For instance, the Institute and and its members can help:
- assess HRD immediate and long-term needs;
- support and guide in the design of nuclear workforce development plans;
- develop academic programs in the universities of other countries (B.S., M.S., and Ph.D programs);
- register students and interns in academic and internship programs in France;
- implement vocational training solutions and set up vocational training institutions;
- develop on-the-job training programs directly related to the nuclear projects.
The I2EN and its members will provide customized support and bring the best solutions while taking into account local conditions.
I2EN AT THE SERVICE OF STUDENTS
Looking for a program in a high-technology sector? Want to come and study nuclear science & engineering in France?
- I2EN conducts an annual survey on nuclear education and training programs in France. The outcome of this survey is a complete database that lists all nuclear curricula and presents their contents. All levels of education are listed, from vocational high school degrees to Master’s degrees. To find a program in English, please select ‘English’ under the language tab here.
You can also download our leaflet on international Master’s degree programs.
- Under specific agreement with your university, I2EN can also help you:
- find an internship in a world-leading nuclear company in France,
- organize a student exchange for you to come and study in France for a few months or even a year.
I2EN AT THE SERVICE OF ACADEMICS
Want to enhance your knowledge in nuclear science? Looking to update your syllabus? I2EN and its partners are here to support you in the:
- Design of your syllabus;
- Implementation of a new nuclear engineering program at your university;
- Set-up of exchange programs for you and the rest of your faculty.
We also organize study tours, summer schools, and train-the-trainers programs upon request.
A train-the-trainers program for Polish academics:
- 6-week nuclear “Tour de France”,
- 12-week advanced training at the French National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology,
- 12-week internship.
The program was intended for academics who sought to deepen their nuclear knowledge and know-how, and aimed at helping them design new syllabi and nuclear curricula when returning to Poland.
A study tour for Saudi academics, professionals, and decision-makers: a 6-day tour of French nuclear industry, research, and training facilities. The tour included workshops and meetings with professors from engineering schools and technical institutes specialized in the nuclear field. And much more!
I2EN AT THE SERVICE OF PROFESSIONALS
The International Institute of Nuclear Energy (I2EN) can provide information on French continuing education programs specialized in nuclear energy.
Its partners also offer study tours for professionals wishing to discover French facilities and to enhance their nuclear knowledge. I2EN experts will also respond to requests for career guidance.
All our programs are tailored made to meet the requestors’ specific needs. Contact the I2EN executive officers to discuss customized training programs.