The Committee of Experts, chaired by Bernd Grambow, Phd, reviews the education and training degree-awarding programmes on the basis of specific criteria and issues recommendations for accreditation to the I2EN Chairman and High Commissioner for Atomic Energy who ultimately makes the final decision on awarding the I2EN Seal.
The I2EN Chairman can also convene the Committee of Experts to consult its members on specific issues.
The Committee of Experts is comprised of experts mostly from France, but from other countries as well. They come from industry and academia and are chosen intuitu personae for their scientific and technical expertise.
The Committee of Experts covers the following topic areas:
- Reactor physics;
- Nuclear fuel cycle;
- Management, storage and disposal of radioactive waste;
- Mechanical engineering and materials science;
- Nuclear safety and radioprotection;
- Design and construction of nuclear facilities;
- Generation, maintenance, decontamination, decommissioning, deconstruction of nuclear installations;
- Nuclear law;
- Training organization and curriculum development.
For further information, please contact the I2EN Director.